jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Safe..... For Now

I’m sitting on the bleachers, watching match point of the last match, before it was my turn to play. Questions, thoughts racing through my mind. Will I win? Is she better than me? What would be the outcome of tonight’s match?

Suddenly, the match before mine finished, and it was my turn to try my best and win. I put both my racquets and tennis bag on the chair provided, waiting for my opponent to arrive.

Fifteen minutes later; no one came.

Thirty minutes later; no one showed up either. I soon get tired of having to wait, so I walk into the office, wondering if my competitor would be forced to forfeit; therefore, allowing me to continue on to the next round without actually playing.

The decision had been made, she forfeits and I continue on to play in the next round. I was safe… for now.

2 comentarios:

  1. Nice post Victoria!
    Your slice of slife was very interesting and intriguing!
    I like how you wrote it!
    Great job, keep on doing it:) I enjoy reading your blog

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I like it! its short but to the point and it says all the information you need, great job!

    ResponderEliminar