sábado, 25 de septiembre de 2010

My Sister

The pitter-patter of feet
Hitting the stone cold floor
Echoes through the house.

I immediately know whose feet they belong to.
Someone who is,
Innocent-looking,
Absolutely adorable,
And whose voice is always sweet.

Her hair, light brown,
Like polished wood.
Her eyebrows, unbelievable,
As if they’ve been painted.
Her eyes, bright blue,
Like the ocean.
Her cheeks, light pink,
Like a rose.
Her lips, thin but perfect,
Like a model’s.

She’s funny,
Like a comedian.
She never stops smiling,
Like a clown,
She’s athletic,
Like an athlete,
She’s dedicated,
Like me.

Her name:
Anastasia
It’s simple, yet elegant.
And she’s supposivley my cousin,
but she's my sister for sure.

4 comentarios:

  1. Beautiful! I really liked how you said she was your cousin but she was your sister. Nice use of italics too :D

    ResponderEliminar
  2. That was soooooooooo beautiful Victoria.
    You're so good at writing poems, actually EVERYTHING!!!
    This poem, gave me tons of imagery and I could picture every little detail in my head.
    Absolutely incredible.
    LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. AWWWW I love it
    everything in it
    i agree with Jaye and Yeji
    beautiful work

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I though it was soooooo cute. you two could be sister after all, you looks identical. If you read over the descriptions, you can picture yourself too, well except for the blue hair part.

    ResponderEliminar