lunes, 27 de septiembre de 2010

I had won the first set and was winning the second set by two games. It was the finals. Thoughts and different strategies recurring in my mind. “I can do this; I’m going to win this match.” I would keep reassuring myself over and over. I was exhausted, but I was persistent, I would not give up this final match after how hard I had worked to get there.

Before I knew it, it was match point for me to win. When she served, I was ready to return the ball effortlessly. The tennis ball landed in the court (thank god!) and that was all it took. Her next shot didn’t get to me; it was left in the net. I had won the match. We met each other at the net; she congratulates me, I tell her that she’ll beat me next time (ok... that was a lie).

I realized that as long as you keep on trying, you can achieve anything.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario