lunes, 6 de septiembre de 2010

Gone

The sad memory of my family and I sitting on the church benches, drowned in tears, recurs in my mind to this day.

My great- grandmother talking about all the wonderful times she and her husband had together, except now things were different. Her husband, my grandma’s dad, my mom’s grandfather, and my great-grandfather was gone. And I don’t mean ‘on a trip’ gone, I mean he’s gone and he’s never coming back.

I would no longer see him at my birthday, during Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter. I would never see him sitting in the audience with the rest of my family on the day of my graduation. He would never see my dreams come true.

Although, I realized that I was wrong. I may not see him standing right in front of my eyes, bue he will be watching over me and I’ll look up to him forever and always.

7 comentarios:

  1. This is so sad! I can't imagine how hard it must be. When I lost my uncle I was only 6; I couldn't tell what was happening. It must be so hard on you I'm sorry!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. This was touching. It really makes you appreciate the times with loved ones. Have a great time in Miami!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I know how you feel, my grandfathers are gone too. I liked how you started by the church, and then moved on to tell the story. Great memoir

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Very good memoir, just one thing that is killing the feel "bue he will be watching over me and I’ll look up to him forever and always. "
    Check the spelling, it is killing the beauty of the memoir.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. This is so sad. i'm very sorry it happened. i love how you wrote this, its so moving. i can feel your feelings inside me. is terribly sorry:(

    ResponderEliminar
  6. hmmm... This is a sad Memoir... I don't know how you felt because i never had somebody like my great grandma die or even any of my relatives, but everyone has to face these kind of problems. At least you know they will be watching you from above.
    Nice memoir.
    PS you spelled "But" wrong on the last paragraph.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I remember everything...especiallt your tears :(

    ResponderEliminar