“It will be fine, just run in as quickly as possible and you’ll be okay.” Dad assures me.
“I don’t know, are you sure this is safe? I mean, it is the middle of jellyfish season!” I say trying to convince him this is a bad idea.
“Trust me! Nothing is going to sting you!”
“Fine, but if I get stung, it’s your entire fault!” I yell back to him.
“Okay, Okay, just come on in.” he says. I run as fast as I can into the ocean. My feet stepping on shells and little rocks. Before I know it, I’m shoulder deep in the water.
“This isn’t so bad… maybe I was over exaggerating a little bit” I say. It turns out that I spoke a bit too soon. I took one false step and everything went wrong from there. I have stepped on a jellyfish and it stung me. The pain was excruciating and my whole body got cold all of a sudden after being stung.
“OWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!” I yelp in pain and shock.
“What… what happened?” Dad asks, alarmed
“I got stung by a jellyfish, Dad!! And it REALLY hurts” I say in between sobs. He immediately grabs my hand and helps me out of the freezing water. My foot is red and swollen.
“Are you okay?”
“I don’t know, all I know is that it really hurts/ stings.”
“Sorry…. It’ll be okay.”
“Thanks” I reply.
That day, I realized that parents aren’t always right and that if I’m unsure of something, then don’t do it because I am probably unsure of it for a reason.
Hahaha :) I like that realization...I noticed that you used a Wordly Wise word! Good job! I liked how you used a lot of dialog and also I like how you describe your insecurity and your feelings.
ResponderEliminarNice story! I remember you complaining about it when you got to school! :P I got stung once too, as a matter of fact I believe it was with you! It really did feel like that. Felt like needles! And you're totally right. Trust your own judgement before that of others. This is not permission to ignore your parents orders Victoria :P
ResponderEliminarNice story!!! i like the way you show how you were worried about going into the water, but at the same time you were encouraged by your dad to go in, and i like how you put feeling into it too.
ResponderEliminaramazing story, it makes me sad every time i hear it though :(
ResponderEliminar