martes, 24 de agosto de 2010

All Dressed Up...


I’m walking around the mall, hanging out with friends; seems like the perfect afternoon, doesn’t it? Well, it’s not. It’s not a perfect afternoon because even though I’m enjoying myself, everywhere I look, there seems to be a woman carrying their dog in their Coach purse all dressed up. They are dressed up with boots on their paws, have bows in their fur, and wear what looks to be a very uncomfortable jumpsuit.

Whenever I look at the poor dogs, I feel so sorry for them. They are forced to wear boots that probably hurt their paws, get all dressed up just to go to the mall, and have to look and act like show dogs in a dog competition. I’m not a dog owner, but if I was, I would never dress my dog up or put them through that torture.

Can you imagine yourself in the innocent dog’s perspective or position? Imagine yourself; you’re being forced to wear this outfit that your owner thinks makes you look adorable when all it really does is make you look like a show dog. Imagine having to sit in an uncomfortable position in a purse while your owner does their errands or goes shopping for about two and a half hours. Imagine yourself having to walk around (when you get the chance) in Go-Go boots for hours until your owner decides to give you a break and takes them off. Can you imagine doing that just about every day? I know I can’t!

1 comentario:

  1. Great story. I can really tell how much you dont like dogs being dressed.

    ResponderEliminar