
Have you ever read a book and then seen the movie based on that book? Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief is just that. The book was written by Rick Riordan and the movie was directed by Chris Columbus. In my opinion, the book is better, but the movie was outstanding. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief; a movie that is unpredictable in what comes next.
A twelve-year-old boy named Percy Jackson (Logan Lerman) discovers he is son of Poseidon (Kevin Mckidd) and that all the Greek myths that he’s learned about, are real. He goes to a school called: Yancy Academy for troubled kids. He’s a “troubled kid” because humans think he has ADD and dyslexia.
While Percy is going on with his own life, Zeus (Sean Bean) has discovered that his lightning bolt was stolen. He believes that Percy stole it since he is son of Poseidon and since Poseidon is forbidden to steal it, he sent his son to steal it.
Percy must retrieve the lightning bolt from whoever stole it and return it to Zeus by the summer solstice or there will be war. With the help of his protector named Grover (Brandon T. Jackson) and Annabeth (Alexandra Daddario) they will try to complete this quest.
I personally like the book more, but it’s a close call. The book has more details on their quest and half of the events that happened in the book, didn’t happen in the movie. I don’t want to ruin the surprise of what happens, but watch the movie and read the book and you’ll know what I’m talking about.
I strongly recommend this movie to children of all ages. It has suspense, action, and an interesting plot. Both, the movie and the book do. I hope you enjoy reading the book and watching the movie.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario