martes, 29 de marzo de 2011

Where I'm From...

I am from tennis courts, From Wilson and Nike. I am from the only house With an iron gate blocking it, No one can see its’ true beauty; A mystery. I am from the red rose, So delicate, yet stunning. I am from Christmas in the kitchen: Ham, turkey, stuffing, and apple pie for dessert, And my entire family comes to celebrate. I am from hiding my little cousin’s Easter basket on Easter morning, Then helping her find it. From “Life’s short, so eat your dessert first.” And “Help your younger cousin do her homework even though she’s in pre-k.” I am from Sundays a Church with my grandmother And readings from the Bible. I’m from Panama, Where it rains for most of the year and Tourists who come are usually bird- watchers. From taco night at my dad’s parents’ house , And banana’s fosters at my mom’s parents’ house. I am from the back of my mom’s office, Cluttered with albums; Each one containing memories of every Family gathering, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and my first trip to Disney World. From all the moments That establish my place in our tree, And make my leaf different from everyone else’s.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario