The bell rang as usual at 3:00 p.m. Lockers opened and closed and excited kids ran down the halls eager to get home. I shrugged and proceeded to the front door as I do everyday. I stepped out into the warm sunlight and took a seat on the front steps waiting for mom to come pick me up. Soon enough, I dozed off into a deep sleep....
Fairies surrounded me everywhere I looked, but one fairy stood out out of all the others. It had beautiful blue wings that looked so delicate it would crumble to pieces if I touched it. I glanced at her beautiful aqua eyes that gleamed in the light. I reached out to touch her gently, but she backed away quickly. She showed me the shimmering, copper key and dropped it. The fairy quickly flew off into the light. I immedietley knew why she had given me this key. I was on a mission to find this missing key. The key was supposed to save all creatures from the evil giant Igor. Igor's only goal in life was to become the ruler of all creatures. The key would open the trap door; only to reveal the most powerful thing in the world.... If only I knew what it was.
A loud, "HONK!!!!!" made me jump up and drop my books all over the sidewalk making kids point and laugh. My face turned bright red.
"Caroline? I"m so sorry I was late! I had a job interview. You shouldn't have been waiting out here; you should've waited inside where you're safe!" mom reminded me for about the billionth time.
"Mom, I'm fine out here. Did you get the job?"
"It's too soon to tell, but I have a pretty good feeling about it," mom flashed me a smile.
I grinned, "Let's go home," I said in a hurry.
Mom cut me off, "Have you been dreaming about your mission again?" mom asked suspiciously.
"What are you talking about? I was just... a little tired; that's all," I lied.
"I can tell by the expression on your face... dont lie Caroline! Especially to your mother!" mom yelled, "Dreaming about those things is a waste of time! You should do something more important like studying or doing your homework." mom rattled on. I hopped into the car not saying a word.
"Thump!" my backpack said as it hit the bed. Ignoring the sound, I walked right to the window and stared out up into the bright blue sky. That's when I saw a shimmering object seeming to glide on the air; only to land in the palm of my hands. I looked at the creature who brought the object to me.
"You look like the fairy I dreamnt about today. What is your name?" I asked in a gentle voice not taking my eyes off the beautiful fairies wings and small, human figure-like body. The fairy nodded, "My name is Penelope and you'll be seeing me again very soon... Caroline." she said and quickly flew away. My eyes glanced down at the gleaming, copper key in my hand. I studied it for a little bit and then it hit me!
"It's the key!!!!! It's the key I was supposed to find to open the trap door!! The one in my dream!" I jumped for joy. My hapiness didn't last very long though. A light knocking sound filled my head.
"I think it might be coming from the loft!" I whispered to myself and quickly ran up towards the sound. I looked and looked and found nothing to be uncovered or moved out of place. "It must be coming from here!" I said beginning to sound frustrated. I looked and looked and found nothing. Then something caught my eye; a white cover, "What if.... what if the door is underneathe the white cover?" I wondered. I lifted it up and there it was... a black handle covered in dust. I pulled it up with all the strength I had left in me. I peered in slowly... except instead of looking, I was falling!
To Be Continued.....
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario